Smart Home GadgetsJune 12, 2022
If you are looking to update your home, you may be thinking of investing in some smart home gadgets. There are several different platforms for smart home devices, but Amazon’s Alexa is the prevailing standard, followed by Google Assistant and Apple Homekit. Be sure to check compatibility with other smart home gear before purchasing any new devices. This article outlines some of the best smart home gadgets available today. Also, we cover the pros and cons of each one.
– Voice control and automation – There are many benefits to smart home gadgets. For example, Alexa and Google Assistant are two popular virtual assistants that can control your home appliances with your voice. Apple HomeKit lets you control your gadgets through Siri voice commands or Apple Watch scenes. Other devices can be controlled through an online service called IFTTT, which is supported by most leading smart home brands. The best way to choose which smart home gadgets you want to invest in is based on your needs and lifestyle.
– Light bulbs – Several smart light bulb options can help you control the brightness of your rooms. Lifx makes a range of products that include brighter 1,100-lumen bulbs and cheaper White versions. Philips Hue, meanwhile, is a hub-based option that lets you control almost any appliance with a smart plug. Some smart plugs can also control other appliances, including lamps, coffee makers, humidifiers, and fans.
– Voice control – While some smart speakers use traditional microphones, smart speakers are more convenient. With their built-in microphones, smart speakers can control your other connected home gadgets. Siri, for example, can control your music from your phone and play it in your living room – but you must have compatible devices in the room for this to work. Smart fans, thermostats, and locks are some of the more popular smart home gadgets.
– Remote control – Smart doorbells and cameras are also a great way to stay connected when you’re away. By allowing you to control the doorbell from your phone, you can communicate with visitors even when you’re not at home. And thanks to some smart home technology, you can even turn your lights on and off with the push of a button. Moreover, these gadgets can automatically turn off wireless connections when you leave the home.
– Audio and video calls – There are several other smart home gadgets that allow you to talk to loved ones using Alexa. For example, the LG Smart Home Theater CineBeam projector can be connected to a computer via Google Home, which supports Skype and Zoom. You can also use voice control and interactive entertainment through the device. For added convenience, you can set up an alarm system in your kitchen or in your home office.
– Doorbells – Arlo Audio Doorbell works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant to send notifications. Using this doorbell with Amazon Alexa allows you to screen visitors and monitor packages. The Arlo model connects to the home wiring and has standard features like motion detection and two-way talk. It also integrates with Alexa and HomeKit. These devices can also be used on a PC or tablet to control their functions.